Monday, January 03, 2005

oh wow

that's freaking hilarious! how can they be so paranoid? Jello Biafra's right-- we're living in a police state of the mind.
oh yeah, I also got Sticky a sack of transit tokens. Much appreciated, as he commutes to work by streetcar (he'd be insane if he didn't; he works downtown where parking ain't cheap). Tokens are getting hard to come by; it usually portends that they're going to raise the price of bus fare.

I got Marc a $50 gift certificate to Slim's (the venue owned by Boz Scaggs that hosts a lot of decent bands); here's hoping he (Marc, not Boz Scaggs) fixates on Asian chicks less and rocking out more.

Tonight I went to see a Judy Garland movie (restored print of the 1954 version of "A Star is Born") at the Castro Theater. You don't get much gayer than that. I went with my friend Marion, who is perhaps the least sexual person I know.
there's a movement going on to boycott the Castro Theater because they fired the old film program director and hired a new one that wants to show fewer old classic movies and more modern artsy fartsy movies. The boycott is not of the theater itself, but just the concession stand, as, according to the boycott leaflett, selling popcorn and jujubees is how theaters make most of their money. I ignored the boycott and bought a hideously overpriced oatmeal raisin cookie (it wasn't very good; I suspect it was vegan).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home