Friday, February 04, 2005

that's Moby

singin' the "We're all made of stars" song.
Sorry, I promise to blog for real this weekend. Right now I'm all clogged up with inspection stuff (tomorrow), school work, bfc stuff (I narrowly escaped being appointed a Funding Committee coordinator last night), plus... it's film festival season! I went crazy and bought a festival pass to Indiefest, which just started tonight. Indiefest is the independent film festival, the real edgy stuff. The pass entitles me entrance to all films at all venues, which is great because with my whacky schedule, I'll probably be able to see a film I'm interested in when I have free time, since they all rotate through the 3 venues the movies are showing at (The Roxie and The Women's Building down in the Mission, and EgoPark in Oakland; for example, when I get off shift at the bfc I can just pedal down the street a couple miles to Oakland to catch a screening. Sweet.) Tonight I went to see "Sons of Provo," a mockumentary about a Mormon boy band called "Everclean." When I showed up to pick up my pass, they couldn't find the right one, so the guy who finally found it, feeling guilty about how disorganized they were, slipped me an extra pass. So now I can get Sticky (or whoever else I can persuade to go with me) in to all the flicks for free.

So I'm planning to spend all my free time for the next two weeks at the movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home