Tuesday, August 30, 2005

so, what's the plan with Yvonne?

Do they know how much they're cutting out yet? Is he looking at an ostomy? Is he getting lo-dose chemo?

In my trivial world, Here I am in Socorro, and though NM Tech doesn't have wife-eye, they do have a nice library (been here before, 10 years ago) with lots of nice public terminals and late hours, so I could be here for hours.

But I'm fucking tired.

Did laundry, which is always nice. Staying at the Payless Inn, which a decade ago and a couple of owners and name changes ago was the Vagabond Inn. Why is that significant? because it was where Caroline and I stayed for a whole miserable month in August 1994 after we got evicted from the house we had been renting and were waiting for our mortgage to be approved for the house in Magdalena. We had a dog ($10 extra a night pet fee). It was the rainiest summer in Socorro in 10 years. It was not a happy time. Glen dubbed it "the Vagabondage." At least they had the pool in operation then (not so now in these hardscrabble times).

In a moment of weakness I once again answered a call from Winston. I will never be free from him.

I have many more rants, but like I said, I'm tired. Tomorrow I'm doing the Quebradas Back Country Byway . The new (used) mountain bike seems to ride okay, though it's a bit small (it's a 17" frame when I should be on an 18" frame). But I really really miss my old (stolen) mountain bike. Thanks alot Winston and asshole-filled Frisco!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home