Thursday, January 06, 2005

Year

Distance Ed does have its draw backs, but sometimes it seems worse than it has to be. You miss the comradery of fellow students and you aren't exposed to the unique perspective of a professor. But it seems to me you could be, if it were organized right and if people took more of an interest in the interpersonal aspects. Personalities can shine through on line. Even in a science class it matters. I remember my Japanese algebra TA at Miami, my Russian immunology prof, and pathogenic micro instructor who associated a disease with a movie in which it appeared. But distance courses are: just read the book, look at the pictures, take the test, and send in the money, of course. It's sometimes as disappointing as those things you got when you sent in five box tops and $2.50 for postage and handling to some breakfast cereal company. At least I get to keep the CD rom this time (I had to send the projector slides back last semester.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home