Monday, February 14, 2005

medical science

is often voodoo and a lot of guess work. We really do need that machine that can shrink a submarine down to the size where we can inject it into the bloodstream, you know, like in Fantastic Voyage.

The boy's named Keegan? I always think of Bob Keegan, TV's Captain Kangaroo.

Remember in 9th grade when we had that hour in the middle of the day that was like homeroom but was supposed to be something more, but in reality wasn't, that contained lunch? And it was called "TA" for some reason, I think it stood for "teacher advisory?" Remember "Alternative Ed?" what was that all about? It would have been nice if any of these '70's educational experiments actually worked.

email I got recently from the author of "The Plotted Course:

'Thanks for the reply. I'm sure you keeping well. I'll wait for response to the book. Evidently, it is going to be a very thoughtful one.

 take care

                                                                        thayalan'

Diane, here's your assignment when I come to visit in, my god, two weeks!-- you get to read "The Plotted Course" and write a thoughtful but snarky response. I'm not really interested in it, but I liked the guy and feel I owe him an answer. I just couldn't finish the book. I'm all addle-minded lately. And depressed.

Indie fest was great, even though I only saw like 8 films. But it was cool being a pass-holder, I got to go to the front of the line, the people in charge had my face memorized, always asked me how I was enjoying the fest. I woulda seen more films if it weren't for damn work. I signed up to be a volunteer for it next year, but I prolly won't be around then.

Just say the word and we can go back to "Lamb." public, not public, doesn't really matter to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home