Saturday, January 08, 2005

Thoughts

Distance Ed... could be a double entendre. Did I spell that right?

The package has come, and stupid me, I haven't opened it. But as soon as I finish writing this (and the Bearcat game is over) I will go downstairs and open it.

We went to Columbus today.

Helen's team was invited by another girls team to play them at Corecomm Ice Haus, which is really not a separate facility, but is part of Nationwide Arena where the Blue Jackets play (or would play if the NHL weren't on strike). Very nice place. NHL nice. You can see the difference with the Cincinnati Gardens, which I'm sure once upon a time was nice.

Incidentally, Helen's team won 8-1. I'm pleased with Helen's progress. She has a growing sense of what's going on, which was lacking early on (duh, I guess). But she didn't have a good idea of what the blue line meant, and offsides, etc. But she's not the only one. But better and better.

Both Helen and Owen commented after the game that they want us to move to Columbus. The downtown is so nice. And German village. And the Arena District. But... just like Cincy there are rough areas. At least they have their assess in gear for the downtown. But Columbus will probably only be a place to visit. Neither of us can afford to leave our jobs. I took a huge 401k loan to get this house, which I have to pay back, and as long as Audra stays with UC the kids can go to school for free.

I thought Diane's comment about the tsunami was dead on. Jeez. 160,000 dead... God did not save YOU. Jeez. People are amazing.

Oh yeah, our snow has all melted too. Amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home