Tuesday, January 11, 2005

too late

the car's already rented-- you know me, I try to never inconvenience people, it's my knee-jerk reaction of "what, why would they want to take the time out of their busy schedules to come and get me? Plus, I'll have to leave for the airport at like 5am when I head back, that would be just plain cruel."

My contention is that one's ability to recognize faces is not based on ethnicity traits that one selects for, but rather interest. So if one doesn't know many Asians, then maybe one's brain doesn't get past the broad patterns of "this is what a Chinaman looks like" to "yeah, that's freakin' Mr. Stickyrice, I'd recognize that mug anywhere."

Extrapolate it to animal faces. If you love dogs, you get good at recognizing individual dog faces. If not, all Doberman Pincshers look the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home