Monday, December 13, 2004

another high stakes

standardized test in the hopper. This afternoon/evening I took the GRE. At a testing center in one of the office towers in the financial district. The security was a lot more lax than at the MCAT (taken at a different testing center run by the same company, Thomson/Prometrics), but still there was a surveillance camera peering straight down at your carel. It was all on computer, like the MCAT, but this time the computer was infuriatingly unresponsive, although while I waited for the next screen to load, at least the countdown clock had the consideration to freeze while I twiddled. This wasn't so bad during the question part of the test, but on the writing sample part it was beyond annoying to be typing a sentence and have the characters display a second or two later. I'm assuming I wasn't the only one having this problem. At any rate, it was a cakewalk compared to the MCAT, although some of the math problem were brutal. I kicked butt on the verbal and writing part, though. Hopefully, though, it was just a harmless exercise and I won't actually need to use the results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home